The Designer Technical Apparel combines active product use, a strong understanding of today‘s sport cultures, market knowledge and input from design team members to create original and innovative designs.
By creating product, which is of highest quality, function and fit he/she will embrace Salewa’s core design philosophy. While the Designer Technical Apparel will contribute to the overall development of the Company’s design concepts for a given season, she/he will be primarily responsible for the design- and engineering of innovative and technologically advanced products that meet the needs of today’s mountain athletes.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the creation of relevant, innovative designs for each season for a specific category
- Communicate and present concepts and design information in a concise and professional manner
- Collaborate with the appropriate Product Line Manager, Product Developer, Pattern Maker and factories to engineer products that achieve design concepts while meeting target retail and margin goals
- Research of trend- and market-based color concepts
- Develop fabrics and trims in partnership with Product Developers & R&D
- Provide product information sheets with detailed 2D, 3D sketches and checklists to Pattern Makers and Product Developers so that prototypes and BOMs can be created in a timely manner
- +4 years of related professional experience in the outdoor- or technical sports industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Product (Apparel) Design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Participation and understanding of the sports that the Company produces products for
- Highly developed skills in design to include but not limited to sketching, concept ideation, technical 2D drawings, color- and trend theory, visual presentation and graphic art skills. 3D skill set preferred
- Strong ability to design for different consumers and end uses with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to present concepts & guide product teams
- Comprehensive understanding of garment construction, pattern making & textiles
- Strong knowledge of product cycles and development process, as well as a proven ability to establish and maintain schedules
- Team player, ability to multitask and prioritize work on a continual basis
- Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and a structured way of working
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation methods
Workplace: Bolzano, Italy
We offer stimulating work and growth opportunities in a young, sporty, dynamic and international environment. Apply now by filling in the form below.