To strengthen our Salewa Apparel team, we are looking for a Product Manager to enhance product positioning, identify and promote product value and improve product profitability for the assigned product category.
He/She combines active product use, a strong understanding of today’s sport cultures, and market knowledge from sales, consumers, and our retail partners to create the ideal product range for Salewa. The Product Manager provides leadership and direction to design and development teams in order to develop market-leading collections from concept to buy ready. He/she also prepares and supports the sales team throughout the sales process.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop the seasonal product line by following the brands strategic briefing
- Define and deliver a detailed product brief (feature, design, functionality, costs and quality) in order to brief the different departments within the Product Team (Design and Development)
- Prepare the business plan proposal (product concept, price positioning, target costs, features, sales potential, promotion and communication)
- Collect structured feedback through the sales organization and other sales data to use as an element in the development of the product line.
- Analyze competitors as well as market needs and identify future trends in close collaboration with the brand, developing contacts with proper focus groups
- Debrief R&D and Design Team regularly and build and maintain intradepartmental relationships with all functional areas and ensure alignment on the product brief
- Work hand in hand with Marketing to define product communication and provide specific information and content to be underlined during the content creation
- Present the product strategy and explain product features during sales meetings and other internal meetings to raise product know how
- Monitor Product Development progress and supervise Design team to respect milestones and product briefings
- Prepare, edit and hold product presentations based on Design and innovation proposals
- Degree in Economics/Marketing/Communication or Industrial/Product Design
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role or sales area, preferably in the sporting goods sector
- Very good English skills and Italian or German
- Travel required: 40%
- Passion for sports, especially mountaineering (ski touring and hiking)
- Project Management skills
- Specific apparel product knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources.
- International mindset
Workplace: Bolzano, Italy
We offer stimulating work and growth opportunities in a young, sporty, dynamic and international environment.
Apply now by filling in the form below.